Hi, welcome to the blog. A number of years ago I trained and practised in sports massage whilst working as a trainee architect and studying at West Kent College. The time came when I had to make the choice of which career to pursue full time and Architecture won. A couple of years back I decided I would like to take up my massage skills again in order to diversify from my architectural work. It soon became obvious that in order to set up a fully insured practice I would need to go back to college to obtain the necessary qualifications and join the FHT. I have recently completed studies to gain my qualifications in A&P (anatomy and physiology) and swedish/body massage. Alongside studying and continuing with my architectural practice I have built a new studio/treatment room and am now up and running. I am returning to college next term in order to study further in sports/remedial massage and injury diagnosis.

Contact me:

Mobile: 07850 716584 : Tel: 01732 300635 : E-mail me



Thursday 26 August 2010

WOW! What a weekend!

Setting up the trade stand for the first time went better than I expected and in a couple of hours we were ready for business.

We opened at 8.30 on Friday, probably a bit early with hindsight as most people were busy doing early runs and trying to get their heads round running several dogs in 18 rings!

By about 10.30 there was a trickle of interest and we had our first customers. We were up and running..............yep and I mean RUNNING!!! Our booking sheets were suddenly filling up at a rate of knots. Lunch became a banana and an energy bar on the run and we came up for air as our last customers for the day left the treatment tents just after 7.00pm! PHEW!


Saturday was pretty much a repeat of Friday except we had bookings from 8.30am! We still didn't close till after 7.00pm. It was an early start again on Sunday and apart from a slight lull late afternoon, when everyone was packing up ready to leave for Dogs in Need, the last customer left just after 6.00pm.


Well, that wasn't quite what we expected!


A huge thank you to everyone who came along to give it a try in spite of our "out of the way" location and the inclement weather. A lot of our Friday customers re-booked for the Sunday which I think speaks for itself. The feedback has been very positive and we already have bookings for our next stand at Gillingham in September.


Tamzin and I got a huge buzz from the whole experience and found it immensely satisfying and would do it all again tomorrow. Well, probably not literally tomorrow as we were exhausted, but in a nice way.


Being back at our day jobs is kinda dull...................or as Tamzin put it in a recent e-mail, "I'm climbing the walls"!


We are really looking forward to our next outing at Gillingham and catching up with our customers, new and old.


Thanks again for your custom at the KCI and all your wonderful comments since.


Andy and Tamzin


Sorry there're no pics.....................we forgot. But if anyone's got any please send them in and I'll link them to the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment